Hope & Healing Naturopathic Doctor
Does This Sound Familiar?
You know something isn't right. Your energy is less than it used to be. It's harder to maintain a healthy weight. Food seems to aggravate your digestive system even with restrictive diet changes. Your mood causes you to feel like a completely different person than you used to be. As time goes on, your pain may worsen, and your sleep patterns become more frustrating.
You may wonder “What happened to me?”
Whether you’ve been given a diagnosis, or have a ‘mystery concern’ that no one has been able to solve, you still struggle to know how to feel better. You know it isn’t in your head, but even you begin to doubt yourself sometimes - because no one has been able to figure out WHY you don’t feel well. You may feel frustrated, lost, or even hopeless.
You’ve probably already tried to heal yourself through internet research or books, specific diets, the latest ‘magical’ supplement, or maybe you’ve even seen various practitioners. Meanwhile, your symptoms persist as new ones develop, while you remain stuck without answers about WHY you feel like you're running on fumes.
Please know that you are not alone and you are not crazy. You've come to the right place. My approach is completely different than what you have experienced before.
- I take the time to listen to your story in a compassionate, non-judgmental manner.
- I’m determined to help you feel better and I won’t give up.
- I don’t rely on pharmaceuticals or excessive supplementation.
- I treat you as a person, not a diagnosis or number on your lab results.
- I trust and know how to work WITH your brilliantly designed mind/body to facilitate healing from within.
- I will treat you as a unique individual through specific lab work and focused treatment designed for YOU based on your genetics, concerns, personality, and goals.
Want To Learn More?
These are some of the most common conditions that we help people overcome.
Fatigue is most often caused by an improper diet, nutrient deficiencies, poor sleep, imbalanced hormones (thyroid, Vitamin D, sex hormones, etc.), *toxicity, and/or stress or subconscious blocks.
Weight gain or the inability to lose weight may be caused by *toxicity, lack of movement or too intense exercise, stress, lack of sleep, excessive or improper food intake, nutrient deficiencies, subconscious blocks or trauma, medication, and/or hormonal imbalances (thyroid, estrogen, insulin, etc.)
Digestive issues are often the result of eating dietary intolerances, eating too much or too quickly, lack of enzymes, acid, or nutrients needed to properly break down foods, hiatal hernia or other structural concerns, stress, or subconscious blocks which result in an overactive sympathetic nervous system, and/or *toxicity especially an overabundance of mold, bacteria, heavy metals, or parasites.
Anxiety is typically due to consuming caffeine or food intolerances, hiatal hernia or other structural concerns, lack of movement, medications or supplements, hormonal imbalances, *toxicity, and of course stress, past trauma, and subconscious concerns resulting in an overactive sympathetic nervous system.
Chronic pain is often from unresolved trauma/unprocessed emotion, physical trauma (misalignment, scar tissue, trigger points, muscle strain, etc.), *toxicity (especially underlying concerns such as Lyme), nutrient deficiencies, and/or dietary indiscretions.
Insomnia is usually caused by stress/subconscious concerns, caffeine (excess, consuming too late, or poor metabolism), dietary indiscretions, medications or supplements, nutrient deficiencies, hormonal imbalances (progesterone, cortisol, etc.), structural misalignment or an overactive sympathetic nervous system, and *toxicity especially from alcohol, caffeine, and EMF.
Menstrual concerns (PMS, irregular or heavy cycles, infertility, etc.) are often blamed on "hormones", but the cause of imbalanced hormones is typical *toxicity (this can include synthetic hormones from IUDs or contraceptive pills), stress or subconscious blocks, nutrient deficiencies, improper diet, and lack of sleep. We can help with menopause, too!
Thyroid Concerns are most often due to *toxicity, anxiety, poor sleep, nutrient deficiencies, dietary indiscretions, medications or supplements, and stress (excess exercise, impaired adrenal gland function, and an overactive sympathetic nervous system).
*Toxicity is clearly a pervasive cause for many health issues. This occurs when our detox pathways such as our liver, kidneys, and lymphatic system are overburdened and can't keep up with the demands to filter, process, and excrete toxicants.
Toxicants may include any of the following:
- Foods that our body can't easily digest such as food intolerances, genetically modified or chemically treated foods, or excessive food intake.
- Drugs, medications, alcohol, vaccines, implants, additives, dyes, and artificial sweeteners.
- Chemicals in our cosmetics, cleaning supplies, detergents, air fresheners, nail polish, and environment (EMF, mold, viruses, bacteria, auto exhaust, heavy metals, etc.).
- Toxic people, thoughts, and actions can also accumulate and negatively impact our overall health.